Installing VLP - Virtual Loglan Processor
Prior to compile and run Virtual LOGLAN Processor you should install
the QT library qt-1.45.(You may consult
file "inst/LICENSE.QT" for more informations about the QT.
If your system does not contain the library qt-1.45 (nowadays most
contains a newer, yet incompatible version of qt library)
Read the file
and follow the instructions contained there.
- Create an empty directory e.g.
- Put the file
in this directory.
- Extract the files executing e.g
tar -xvf vlp26.tar
- First, you MUST edit the file "Dir"
and set the proper directories:
QINC - directory where the QT library includes are stored, usually,
QLIB - directory where you have your QT library, usually,
MOCDIR - QT library has a special compiler named "moc", write the
directory where this compiler is stored, usually, /usr/lib/qt-1.45/bin
INSTALLDIR - directory where the Virtual LOGLAN Processor will be
- Next, run the following:
to configure source files,
to build VLP and
to install Virtual LOGLAN Processor.
- Now you should configure your "vlp.cfg" file which is stored in
the instalation directory.
Assure that the variable node_number has different value on each
you installed VLP.
This is required to identify the nodes of virtual distributed
- WARNING! Variable "homedir" should point to the directory where
you have program "logker" installed. This MUST be a full path !!!
- If everything went smoothly and your VLP works correctly you may
to delete the directory